I’m back in Boone after an exciting week in New York City, and a few days of rest in Raleigh.
I am dedicating this entire post to my favorite foods from our trip. Here’s my top five:
1. Cheesecake from Junior’s in Brooklyn. My sister had recommended we eat there, and it was delicious. The restaurant had a 1950’s diner feel, and the sandwiches we had were good, but the cheesecake was definitely the best part.
2. Pizza from Grimaldi’s, also in Brooklyn. My sister recommended this to us as well, and we ended up waiting in line for about an hour before getting a table. Definitely worth it. Helen and I had sundried tomato pizza.
3. We took a free tour of the Brooklyn Brewery with Helen on Sunday. The brewery is primarily housed in three large rooms. Then, we sampled a few of their beers, which I wish were sold more where I live. The Summer Ale was great.
4. We ended up walking about 15 blocks out of our way just to go to Magnolia Bakery, oops? Also worth it, though!
5. A friend of mine lived and interned in Brooklyn last summer. He also worked at a restaurant called Pies ‘n’ Thighs, which serves Southern food in Manhattan. Alex actually had a “Carolina-style” bbq sandwich, and I had a Bojangle’s-style chicken biscuit, although it wasn’t actually called that. We also had amazing apple pie (with cheese!) Definitely worth visiting if you are in NYC.